We present an official PoKeys Mach3 plugin by PoLabs. The main trigger for this plugin is the new capability of the PoKeys56U and PoKeys56E devices - Pulse engine - that can be used as an external 3-axis motion controller with Mach3. This means that there is no more need for LPT port to drive small CNC machines.
However, the plugin support all the basic mapping options as listed below.
PoKeys Mach3 plugin existing functionality
- Support for PoKeys55, PoKeys56U and PoKeys56E devices
- Mapping of PoKeys digital inputs to Mach3 OEM LEDs and OEM buttons
- Mapping of Mach3 OEM LEDs to PoKeys digital outputs
- Mapping of PoKeys encoders to Mach3 DROs
- Support for matrix keyboard
- Support for kbd48CNC keyboard on I2C address 1
- Usage of PoKeys Pulse engine (available on PoKeys56U and Pokeys56E devices) as external motion controller for Mach3 – 3 axes, each up to 25 kHz step frequency
Pulse engine option must be activated before the first use. During the testing period, we will offer two free activation codes per PoKeys56 owner. Those who are interested, please send the serial number of your PoKeys56 device to firstname.lastname@example.org
Plugin is available at http://www.poscope.com/news/?n=8
. Also, before using the plugin, please download and install the latest PoKeys software update from www.poscope.com